The end of the school year is approaching and many parents are busy finding ways to entertain children during the summer holidays. For the record, I am one of those parents.
How not to break the bank while the kids are on summer vacation
Working full time and having young children on school break is problematic. Not to mention the big bump paid for childcare and summer camps can put on your wallet for 3 months in the summer. Finding multiple low-cost activities and programs is a major key to surviving summer vacation, and until today I hadn’t realized how many Rockford-area attractions offer free admission days. in summer !
Free Admission Days to Rockford Attractions This Summer
I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, if you have young children and need fun ideas to do in the Rockford area, Stateline Kids is a fantastic resource!
If you’ve lived in the Rockford area for a while, I’m sure you know that Anderson Japanese Gardens holds donation days on the third Thursday of each month they are open, and that Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens is offering discounted admission to Tropical Tuesdays, but how many places offer FREE entry days? The answer? Five!
1. Burpee Natural History Museum – 2,022 free days planned for this spring and summer inclusive; April 28; May 4, 10, 16 and 24; June 1, 13 and 27; July 18; August 8 and 29.
2. Klehm Arboretum and Botanical Garden – Admission will be free from May 6 to 13, 2022 for the Go Public Gardens Days.
3. Midway Village Museum – Midway Village will host two fun events this summer that offer free admission: Peaches Playdate on May 1, 2022 and 815 Day on August 15, 2022.
4. Tinker Swiss Cottage Mmuseum and gardens – Admission to Tinker Swiss Cottage will be free every Tuesday in May and June 1 and 5, 2022.
5. Rockford Art Museum – Fun fact, admission to the Rockford Art Museum is free every day it’s open!
Many of these Rockford attractions also offer great summer camp and activity options for kids, so be sure to check them all out!
KEEP READING: 50 activities to keep kids busy this summer
20 Things About Rockford Summers That Will Give You Instant Nostalgia
Do you remember your summer vacation?