“The depth of our debates has diminished. The issues we debate are, often, inconsequential. Logic and reason are replaced by conspiracy and posture, and my patience for it in general, but especially in these beautiful walls of the world. Senate, has worn thin. “
– Senator Erin Oban, D-Bismarck, announcing her decision not to run again next year due to the confrontational nature of current politics.
“I still love being at the ranch, but I guess that’s my calling now.”
– Bismarck farmer and rancher Gabe Brown, who received a National Heinz Award for his work in regenerative agriculture and soil health in North America.
“His quiet dignity and strong leadership continually inspired confidence in the members of the Guard who served alongside him. He was a lifelong aviator, continuing to serve his community and state after his retirement from the National Guard.”
– Major General Al Dohrmann, Adjutant General of the North Dakota National Guard, on the death of former North Dakota Air National Guard Brigadier. General Al Palmer, who spent more than 30 years at the Aerospace School at the University of North Dakota.
People also read …
“They haven’t been careful yet, but they feel much better about going out, whether it’s visiting close family or friends or visiting outdoor destinations. air. We find that many aren’t quite to the point of attending great indoor activities right away. “
–North Dakota AAA spokesperson Gene LaDoucer on travel anxiety amid the pandemic easing somewhat among members of the public.
âWe had a good number and a good size of Rainbow Smelt, which is the main forage for salmon in Lake Sakakawea. This has led to bigger salmon in the last couple of years. “
– Russ Kinzler, Missouri River System Fisheries Biologist for the North Dakota Game and Fish Department, on a healthy Sakakawea salmon fishery.
âNorth Dakota’s airports and aviation industry have done an incredible job over the past year working towards a full recovery while maintaining strong air service options for our communities. “
– State Aeronautics Commissioner Kyle Wanner on airline boardings rebounding from historic lows at the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
âI have a definition of seaworthy: if I can drive my pontoon on it, it’s navigable. If I can’t, it doesn’t. I know it’s a bit simplistic for the bureaucracy, but it’s not much more complicated than that. “
– U.S. Senator Kevin Cramer, RN.D., opposing restrictive federal regulations to protect so-called waterways.
âMuseums are supposed to do difficult things. It is said that “those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”, and our job is to frankly examine history to understand the present and create a better future. “
– Ed O’Keefe, CEO of Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Library, which hosts a controversial New York City statue of Roosevelt on horseback with a Native American and a Black by his side, in an attempt to recontextualize it.